We all know that our target audience is the center of our marketing strategy… so first we have to find them, right?
For that we are going to analyze the main ONLINE COMMUNICATION CHANNELS, which I define as, the channels where we can interact with our clients in real time.
Speaking easily, we could divide the large online communication channels into:
- Search engines (Google, Yahoo, …)
- Social networks (FB, Instagram, tiktok …)
- Mobile apps
- Apps TV (advertising in apps for TV)
- Virtual Reality (VR) interactive ads
In the very same way, every one of those channels, runs different and complementary advertising placements, like the following ones:
- Banners: commercial images located in certain spaces on a website or program.
- E-mail mk: advertising communication sent to customers e-mails.
- Pop Up / Pop under: new window on the website and/or under the web with advertising communication (considered intrusive and of low quality).
- Site under: same as pop under, but promotion opens directly the HOME (or main page) of an advertiser, so clients does not to have to click on the banner which generate higher reach ratios, but higher churn rates as well.
- Video: Ads in video format.
- SEM: Paid ads in search engines (Google, Yahoo, Bing, etc …).
- SEO: Natural positioning of the website in search engines. (It is not an advertising format but it is a key section to get organic traffic, which in time means free traffic)
- Social Media Ads: Ads on Social Platforms (FB, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc …)
- Re-targeting: Personalized ads based (most of the times) on the cookies of each user. A platform recognizes the clients website navigation and includes customized ads based on the interest of your clients.
- Push SMS: SMS messages with advertising content.
- Push mobile: Notifications from a certain app or site to which we have given prior consent to notify us with content related to the downloaded app in question.
- Related Links; Links in a certain context or content that redirect to certain sites
- Native ADs; Native advertising format where the advertising content is adapted to the content of each site / app, which improves the users experience.
(…) And a long etcetera to include in later posts… Actually, the usual scenario is that new formats are being developed in the very same time we are writing these lines!
It’s a fact, buying online media becomes more complex as you go into it, but it is an exciting world where each change and each test makes you learn something new that you did not know.
Also, in Game of ADs we love learning with you, do we keep moving forward?